Truck Driver Jobs in Canada 2023 – Apply Now
Truck Driver Jobs in Canada 2023: The trucking sector, just like any other industry, places a high value on its employees and treats them as one of the most significant assets the company possesses. Especially in light of the lack of available truck drivers in Canada and the growing popularity of jobs in the trucking industry, businesses are increasingly willing to shell out money in order to secure the services of an experienced and dependable individual who can fill the role of a truck driver for their operation.
Heavy truck driving jobs are regarded as some of the most taxing and exciting professions due to the fact that they provide employees with the opportunity to travel throughout the entirety of the United States without incurring any additional costs. You will be able to see a lot of beautiful parts of Canada depending on how much money you make. Truck drivers that are qualified in Canada can find work with a number of organizations that offer competitive earnings and a comprehensive range of employee perks.
This is principally due to the fact that the success of their day-to-day operations is heavily dependent on truck drivers, and a significant number of trucking businesses have failed in this regard. They used to prioritize maintaining a large amount of wealth by cheating payments to the incorrect individual. This resulted in an increase in the number of accidents and other disruptions, which in turn had a negative influence on the profits of the company.
Details About Truck Driver Jobs in Canada 2023
Find the Truck Driver Jobs in Canada 2023
Being a truck driver in Canada may appear to be a simple career, particularly for those with previous expertise. But, it is a difficult one from the time you decide to learn how to handle it until the time you hit the road. Despite this, the benefits seem improbable considering that a high school diploma is a minimum required for a truck driver.
An entry-level truck driver can earn up to thirty thousand dollars per year, and a professional can earn up to one hundred thousand dollars per year. This amount exceeds what a college graduate can earn.
Check Also: General Farm Worker Jobs in Canada 2023 – Apply HereAdvertisement
Getting Truck Driver Jobs in Canada
Due to the shortage of long-haul truck drivers in Canada, businesses are financing work permits, accreditation, and truck driving courses. They saw the benefits of investing in competent people, such as a truck driver. With the incentives they provide to drivers, they could acquire the trust and loyalty of workers.
Eventually, the driver’s determination could prevent them from taking their profession for granted, allowing them to efficiently meet deadlines. This is a relationship based on confidence and trust, in which both sides could profit from working towards a common objective.
Truck driving employment in Canada is not available to everyone. These are for individuals who are truly interested in trucking and are capable of meeting the profession’s requirements. When an employee is dissatisfied with his job, a high wage is meaningless. These positions are established for those who can demonstrate dedication and passion for the Canadian transportation sector.
Foreign-born Heavy Truck Driver Employment in Canada in 2023
With a tiny population that is dispersed among the country’s major cities, Canada looks to immigrants to fill the shortfall of professional truck drivers. To meet the country’s economic expansion, the Canadian government has declared that it will hire more than a million new employees. So, it will be an excellent opportunity for international truck drivers who wish to immigrate to Canada.
The majority of truck drivers seeking employment in Canada begin working for a Canadian firm after completing the Temporary Foreign Worker Visa Program, which allows truck drivers to immigrate to Canada. To be considered, you must already have met or be in the process of meeting a number of prerequisites at the time of application. The Canadian business will then extend an offer, and you will be invited to apply for Canada’s Temporary Foreign Worker Program. You must create a profile for the Canada Express Entry system if you wish to undergo an expedited (within six months) immigration procedure.
Presently, there are two ways for truck drivers to immigrate to Canada. Canada Fast Entry Program and Canada Working Holiday Visa Program are the two programs. Obtaining a work permit is possible through any of these options.
Canada’s Most Recent Truck Driver Job Openings in 2023
A truck driver with a valid license is eligible to apply for all open vacancies. Several organizations are employing truck drivers in numerous Canadian cities, including Alberta, Ontario, Toronto, Brampton, Mississauga, Quebec, Ottawa, and Calgary, among others. Let’s investigate your driving job prospects in Canada:
|Truck driver, long haul||Starmax Transport Ltd.||Surrey (BC)||$27.50 hourly||Apply Now|
|Truck driver, long haul||BOOMERS & MILLENNIALS TRANSPORT||Surrey (BC)||$28.00 to $32.00 hourly||Apply Now|
|Driver, long haul||PORTAGE RIVER TRANSPORT LTD.||Winnipeg (MB)||$23.50 hourly||Apply Now|
|Driver, long haul||SHELBY LOGISTICS LTD.||Winnipeg (MB)||$23.50 hourly||Apply Now|
|Truck driver||DTS Trucking Ltd.||Fort McMurray (AB)||$34.00 hourly||Apply Now|
|Truck driver||HEHAR TRANSPORT LTD||Edmonton (AB)||$28.86 hourly||Apply Now|
Work Qualifications for Truck Drivers in Canada
- Language Proficiency: English and French
- Education: No degree, certificate, or diploma
- Qualifications (certificates, licenses, affiliations, courses, etc.): License to drive (Class 1 or A) Class 5/5F/G Licence (cars, small trucks, and other 2-axle vehicles); Class 3/3F/DF Licence (trailer truck, vehicles with more than three axles); Class 5/3F/DF Licence (trailer truck, vehicles with more than three axles). Air Brakes Experience with Endorsement: 3 to fewer than 5 years
- Particular Abilities: Conduct pre-trip, en route, and post-trip vehicle inspections and supervise all vehicle components.
- Accident or incident reports; maintenance and repair reports; pre-trip, en-route, and post-trip inspection reports; Driver logbook
- Security and Safety: Validity check of driver’s license and driving record (abstract)
- Personal Equipment: safety boots with a steel toe; hard hat
- Transportation/Travel Information: Driver’s license in good standing
- Job Environment and Physical Abilities: Repetitive Tasks; Sitting; Need Overtime
- Trucking and Equipment Types: Tractor-Trailer; Flatbed; Dump Truck
- Personal Qualities: Team player; Good oral communication; Dependability; Organizational skills
How to Apply for Employment as a Truck Driver in Canada?
If you are qualified to apply for truck driver jobs in Canada, you must complete the application process to be considered for employment. Here is a comprehensive guide to applying for truck driver jobs in Canada:
- Click the “Apply Now” link following each truck driver job title to be redirected to the JobBank Canada website.
- Study all of the employment material very carefully [you may find the job description, duties, responsibilities, required education and experience, license requirements, specialized talents, work settings, the location of the position, the employing business, etc.].
- Then, click “Show How to Apply” [where you may find an email address or link to the application form].
- Submit your application and updated CV to the supplied email address, or fill out the online application form in its entirety and attach your CV/Resume.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I find employment as a truck driver in Canada?
The completion of a three-month recognized driver training course from a trade school or community college may be necessary. Class 3 or D driver’s licenses are necessary to operate straight-body trucks. To operate long combination vehicles, a Class 1 or A license is required.
What is the future of Canadian trucking?
According to the CTA, the Canadian trucking and logistics industry will employ over 600,000 people in 2023. This statistic includes around 500,000 Canadian drivers and 50,000 American drivers.