Truck Driver Jobs in Canada 2023 Visa Sponsorship: VISA Sponsorship for Truck Driver Jobs in Canada Recent research shows that the Canadian trucking industry will have 48,000 fewer long-haul truck drivers by 2024. This is good news for truck drivers because it can provide a great opportunity for those who want to come to Canada and work in this type of work.
Details About Truck Driver Jobs in Canada 2023 Visa Sponsorship
There is no doubt that Canada’s transportation sector is experiencing high demand and a shortage of long-haul truck driver jobs. These developments are supported by the Canadian government, which provides work permits to qualified foreign workers who wish to become truck drivers in Canada.
Requirements for Truck Driver Jobs in Canada
Let’s take a look at what it takes to become a truck driver in Canada. This will help you understand the job requirements of a truck driver as an immigration sponsor in Canada.
- Truck drivers in Canada work full-time, including weekends, night shifts, and overtime during day, night, or evening shifts.
- A high school diploma is not required for this job.
- Experience driving with heavy loads may be beneficial but is not essential.
- Must be able to communicate in basic or functional English.
- This position requires membership, certificates, and licenses as well as courses, certificates, and certifications.
- Your Air Brake (Z), with endorsement, requires a valid driver’s license (Class 1, A, or Class 1).
- Equipment and Trucking Types: Tractor Trailer: Tractor, Flatbed, Tractor Highway, Refrigerated Truck (4,600 kg plus) or 10,000 lbs using three or more axles.
- Security and Safety: You must have a basic security clearance, a criminal background check, and a copy of your driving record. In addition, you must pass a medical exam and take drug tests.
- Information about transportation and travel. Are you available to travel across Canada and the US? You are ready to travel long distances and for long periods of time, be it day or night.
- Other Requirements: Candidates must have the legal ability to work in Canada. They also need to be willing to work together to drive long-haul trucks.
Check Also: Unskilled Jobs In New Zealand 2023 – Apply Now
Skills are required.
- Ability to drive straight and articulated trucks, to facilitate transportation of products and materials.
- Safety and security of the cargo can be achieved by tarping the cargo while unloading and loading it.
- You can plan your travel routes and timings.
- Atlases and other tools should be available to help you plan your trip.
- Get the information and send it back to the central dispatcher.
- You can work in convoys or in teams of two.
- In addition, you should be able to assess the condition of the vehicle and inspect the lights, tires, cold storage, and other parts.
Top programs in Canada to get truck driver jobs
Here is a list of popular programs that will help you find work as a truck driver with a sponsored visa in Canada.
Truck drivers in Canada can also take advantage of a provincial program offered by British Columbia.
For entry-level and semi-skilled applicants to the provincial job market, a full-time position in long-haul trucking is needed. More than 400 jobs are available. Long-haul truck drivers are allowed to stay in the province for longer periods of time.
With 837 job ads available, Quebec is the leader in suitable truck driver jobs. According to information on the Quebec government’s employment website, truck drivers have excellent job prospects.
In July 2019, the Ontario Immigrant Job Offer in Employers in Demand Skills stream added NOC code 7511 for drivers of transport trucks. It was included in the list along with three other professions.
Experienced truck drivers who have been offered a job in Ontario can follow a specific path to obtain permanent residency in Canada.
Long haul truck drivers, another in-demand occupation that the Alberta Immigrant Program offers, account for more than 500 jobs in the bank. Truck drivers can access the Alberta Opportunity Stream or Alberta Express Entry.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I obtain a Canadian visa as a truck driver?
As a truck driver, you can move to Canada without a special visa, but there is a program known as the TFWP, or temporary foreign worker program, that allows firms to identify and hire individuals from outside Canada.
Can a trucker obtain PR in Canada?
You are required to begin working for an authorized trucking company with a temporary foreign work permit. If an approved trucking company offers permanent employment, the truck driver may apply for permanent residence status through the SINP after six months of employment.