Social Media Internship of The International Center for Research on Women 2023 – Apply Now
Social Media Internship of The International Center for Research on Women 2023: To promote gender equality, the International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) promotes the rights and opportunities of women and children. ICRW has been the leading non-profit in the world for 45 years, building evidence and promoting solutions to enhance the lives of women, girls, and other marginalized people.
Economic opportunity, women’s health, gender norms, positive adolescent development, sexual and reproductive health and rights, gender-based violence, and equitable workplaces are the focal points of our research, advocacy, and advisory programs. Community-based and nongovernmental organizations, bilateral and multilateral agencies, foundations, philanthropists, corporations, governments, and academic and financial institutions are among our partners and clients.
OVERVIEW: The International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) Social Media Internship
Engaging with our diverse audience online is essential for the global dissemination of our message. As a social media intern, you will be mentored and trained to be a key participant in external communication and social media outreach. You will gain invaluable insight into your chosen career path through exposure to long-term strategies, industry professionals, and daily communications department responsibilities. This internship program affords you the chance to develop your critical thinking and creative abilities.
You will acquire experience in developing innovative micro-campaigns alongside our senior communications specialist. Help us manage, improve, and maintain ICRW’s social media channels, putting your critical thinking skills to the test.
ICRW can only offer unpaid internships to students enrolled in either a full-time or part-time academic program.
PRIMARY DUTIES: The International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) Social Media Internship\
- Assisting with the creation of engaging content for social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and others
- conducting research on social media marketing
- Contributing to the sourcing of content from worldwide staff and events
- Contributing to the creation and coordination of content for social media campaigns and awareness days
- Assisting us in responding to social media comments and direct messages
- Assisting us in monitoring social media engagement in order to identify successful concepts and campaigns for scalability
- investigating innovative marketing and content opportunities available on the Internet.
- contributing to the creation of weekly and monthly editorial calendars for the promotion of company brands on various social media websites.
- Assisting the communications team during live and online events
- Assist in the production and editing of short-form videos.
- Participate in the development of novel engagement-boosting strategies.
- assisting us in ensuring brand message consistency.
QUALIFICATIONS: The International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) Social Media Internship
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in communications, public relations, marketing, digital media, graphic design, or a field related to gender or development
- devoted to gender issues, diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA), and global development
- ability to compose concise, engaging copy. Knowing the AP style is an asset.
- excellent knowledge of Canva, Adobe, and other design and editing platforms.
- exhibits proficiency in social media across multiple channels.
- An aptitude for detail
- An aptitude for narration
- Time management skills and the capacity to fulfill deadlines
- Skills in both creative and analytical reasoning
- capacity for teamwork and participation in zero-gravity ideation sessions!
- a quick, proactive learner capable of managing multiple initiatives.
- Please note that this internship is unpaid; however, candidates who receive payment through their school or fellowship program are strongly encouraged to apply. The internship is available remotely (for those in the United States) and in a hybrid format (for those in Washington, District of Columbia) for those in the DMV region. For those who opt for a hybrid schedule, we provide transportation reimbursement benefits to assist with their commute. Monday through Thursday, you will also have the option of working part-time or full-time.
Check Also: Logistics Jobs In Dubai 2023-Apply Online
Please submit a resume and a statement of no more than 300 words to apply. Please address the following two topics in your statement:
- What aspect of ICRW’s work piques your interest the most?
- How will your specific set of abilities and experiences benefit the ICRW’s communications team and its brand?
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) Social Media Internship
ICRW has zero tolerance for sexual assault and exploitation. All employment offers are contingent upon the receipt of satisfactory references and the signature of our code of conduct, safeguarding policy with an emphasis on protection from sexual exploitation and abuse, and child safeguarding policy. In addition, this position will be subject to extensive reference and background investigations.
ICRW is committed to fostering an inclusive culture through its recruitment practices, staff training, policies, and procedures, board membership, and research programming. We believe that everyone deserves an equal chance at employment, advancement, and fulfillment, regardless of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We are committed to expanding our definition of diversity, moving beyond dichotomies, and establishing new standards for ourselves and across industries.
ICRW provides equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, where applicable.
Due to the abundance of responses we receive, ICRW is unable to provide individual candidacy status updates. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The International Center for Research on Women (ICRW) Social Media Internship
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I become an effective social media intern?
Interns in social media must have excellent writing skills in order to create content and adapt the brand’s identity to a variety of social media platforms. They may also be tasked with responding to user remarks and must possess professional writing skills to correspond with external partners via email.
What is an apprenticeship in media?
You will assist the marketing and communications team with various digital communications initiatives as a digital media intern. You will operate under the supervision and direction of a managing director. You will support the department by identifying content opportunities and accumulating industry insights.