Garbage Collector – Driver Jobs In Canada 2023: Waste Connections of Canada in Duncan, British Columbia, is seeking self-motivated individuals with strong interpersonal skills to fill the position of garbage collector-driver. The selected candidate will be required to begin work as soon as feasible. The vacancies pertain to permanent or full-time employment. The shift schedule consists of daytime, overtime, and morning hours.
Details Of Garbage Collector – Driver Jobs In Canada 2023:
Employer Name: Waste Connections of Canada
Position: Garbage collector – driver
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $25.58 hourly for 40 to 50 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Duncan, BC
Truck or Equipment Experience: Garbage truck
- The candidate will be required to report any malfunctions to the supervisor.
- The candidate must be capable of operating a range of vehicles and machinery.
- The applicant must inspect, lubricate, refuel, and sanitize equipment.
- The candidate must collect trash and transfer it onto garbage trucks.
- The applicant will be required to perform emergency roadside maintenance.
- The applicant will be expected to adjust the brakes.
- The candidate will be required to exercise extreme caution while driving.
- Prior to commencing routes, the candidate will be responsible for inspecting trucks to ensure safe operating conditions.
- The candidate will be expected to maintain current knowledge of road and weather conditions in order to determine how they may affect routes.
- The candidate will be responsible for monitoring and refueling the truck’s oil as needed.
- The candidate should speak English fluently.
- There are no standard educational prerequisites, such as a bachelor’s degree, certificate, or diploma.
- A candidate with experience is a plus.
- The candidate must possess a Class 1/1F/A License (semi-trailer trucks), a Class 2/2F/C License (buses with more than passengers), a Class 3/3F/DF License (trailer trucks and vehicles with more than three axles), and an Air Brakes Endorsement Certificate.
- The candidate must be a strong team member with adequate interpersonal and evaluative skills.
- The candidate must be well-organized and adaptable.
- The applicant must be punctual.
- The candidate must be trustworthy.
- The candidate must be trustworthy.
- The candidate must place a premium on values and ethics.
- The candidate must possess exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- The candidate must possess outstanding customer service skills.
- The candidate must be in excellent physical and mental health in order to complete all tasks rapidly, effectively, and efficiently.
- The candidate must have superior oral communication skills.
- The candidate should have in-depth knowledge of all applicable trucking regulations and standards.
- The candidate must demonstrate flexibility and foresight in order to deal with unforeseen circumstances (traffic, weather, etc.).
- The candidate should have a solid grasp of safety regulations, including not only traffic laws but also rules governing how frequently they must rest, the maximum number of miles they can drive, etc.
- The candidate must be social and communicative.
- The candidate must be enthusiastic and have a positive outlook.
- The candidate must be able to lift up to 23 kilograms (50 pounds).
Security and Safety:
- The candidate should undergo a comprehensive substance test and a criminal background check.
- The applicant’s driving record should be free of at-fault collisions and traffic citations.
Work Site Environment:
- The candidate must be willing to work extended hours in an outdoor environment.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- The candidate must be able to perform effectively in a fast-paced, hectic environment.
- The candidate must be capable of working under pressure.
- The candidate should be detail-oriented.
- The candidate should be frequently required to perform repetitive duties.
- The candidate must be willing to recline for extended periods of time.
- The candidate must be prepared to perform physically demanding activities as part of their daily duties.
- The candidate must be willing to work overtime if necessary.
Benefits Of Garbage Collector – Driver Jobs In Canada 2023:
- The chosen candidates would receive medical, long-term, and financial benefits.
- The selected candidates would receive health care, dental, and vision care benefits under Health Benefits.
- Under long-term benefits, successful candidates would receive numerous additional benefits.
- Under financial benefits, the selected candidates would receive benefits in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
How to Apply For Garbage Collector – Driver Jobs In Canada 2023:
If you are interested in applying, please use one of the options provided.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is refuse collection a desirable occupation?
Garbage Collector: Career Rankings, Salary, Ratings, and… Rankings Garbage collectors are the 28th-best job in social services. Jobs are evaluated by their ability to provide an elusive combination of factors. Learn more about how the best positions are ranked.
How much does a Canadian garbage vehicle earn?
The average annual salary for a refuse truck driver in Canada is $43,007, or $22.06 per hour. The starting salary for an entry-level position is $35,100 per year, while most experienced employees earn up to $57,690 per year.