Fully Funded Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023: Pursue your education in the UK. Good news! The Gates Cambridge Scholarship is presently available. In this essay, we will describe in depth this scholarship, its benefits, and its application procedure.
Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully-funded international fellowship. This award is for masters and doctoral study. This scholarship gives an annual income of £18,744, health insurance, up to £2,000 for academic advancement, and a maximum family allowance of £15,612.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship Program was created in October 2000 with a 210 million dollar grant from the William and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge, the largest single donation to a UK university.
In 2023, Gates Cambridge will provide 80 full-tuition scholarships to outstanding candidates from outside the United Kingdom who wish to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject offered by the University of Cambridge. Around two-thirds of these prizes will be given to Ph.D. candidates, with 25 awards available in the US round and 55 awards available in the International round.
- Master’s and doctoral levels of study are available at the University of Cambridge.
- Research in: UK
- Opportunity Focus Areas: All possible courses at Cambridge University, excluding those specified below.
- Master’s programs are two years while doctoral programs are three years.
- For Americans: October 12th, 2022
- For Worldwide Students: Depending on your course, either the 1st of December 2022 or the 5th of January 2023. (see Course Directory)
Courses that are NOT eligible for Gates Cambridge Scholarships
- Any Bachelor’s degree, including BA (undergraduate) or BA-affiliated BA (a second BA)
- Doctor of Business Administration (BusD)
- Expert in Business (MBA)
- Expert in Finance (MFin)
- MD in Clinical Studies with a PGCE Degree of Doctor of Medicine (6 years, part-time)
- Doctoral Program in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
The recipient of the Gates Cambridge Scholarship receives the following benefits:
- University Composition Fee at the proper amount
- A maintenance allowance for a single student (£18,744 for 12 months at the rate for 2022-23; pro rata for courses less than 12 months; the award is for up to four years for Ph.D. students).
- One economical single flight at the start and finish of the course.
- Costs for incoming visas and the Immigration Health Surcharge
- Academic development funding ranges from £500 to £2,000, based on the length of your program, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance – up to £10,944 for a single child and up to £15,612 for two or more children (2022-23 rate). A partner is not provided with any funding.
- Fieldwork — During Ph.D. fieldwork, you may request to receive up to your normal maintenance allowance (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as these should be funded by the University Composition Fee).
- Maternity/Paternity money – if you need it, you can request to interrupt your studies for up to six months while continuing to receive your maintenance allowance.
- Funding for unforeseen academic hardships faced by the student
Check Also: Unskilled Jobs In UK Visa Sponsorship 2023
Eligibility Criteria for Gates Cambridge Scholarship
To be eligible for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship, candidates must meet all of the following criteria:
- Language Requirement: English
- All countries in the world are eligible.
- Academic excellence.
- You should be able to make a compelling argument for a particular Cambridge postgraduate degree.
- A dedication to bettering the lives of others.
- A leadership capability.
- To pursue a full-time postgraduate degree, applicants must be from outside the United Kingdom.
How to Apply for Gates Cambridge Scholarship?
Please follow the guidelines below to apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship:
- Submit an application for admission to a course, a college position, and the Gates Cambridge financing portion.
- Create an account on the site.
- Fill up your personal details
- Send the following files:
- Gates Cambridge Statement: Please describe why you are applying for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship and how you fit the four primary criteria in no more than 3000 characters (about 500 words).
- Submission of a research proposal (Ph.D. applicants only)
- Gates allusion: In addition to two academic references, applicants for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship must provide a third reference regarding their suitability for the scholarship.
- Answer the questions on the application.
- Send in your application
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I obtain a full Cambridge scholarship?
To be considered for financing, complete the funding portion of the standard University Graduate Student Application Form. Then, you will be considered for all scholarships for which you are eligible to apply. Typically, the application deadline for Cambridge-Trust scholarships is the first week of December.
How difficult is it to acquire a Gates Cambridge Scholarship?
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship is incredibly competitive, with a 0.3% admission rate. A small percentage of candidates are chosen for the scholarship.