Educational assistant Jobs In Canada 2023: The Nanoose First Nation in Lantzville, British Columbia, is seeking self-motivated individuals with strong interpersonal skills to fill the position of educational assistant. The selected candidate will be required to begin work as soon as feasible. The vacancies pertain to permanent or full-time employment. There are day, early morning, and morning shifts.
Employer Name: Nanoose First Nation
Position: Educational assistant
No. of vacancies: 1
Salary: $25.00 to $27.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
Employment type: Permanent employment, Full time
Location: Lantzville, BC
- Under the supervision of the classroom teacher, the candidate will be required to assist students individually or in small groups with assignments as well as reinforce learning and retention concepts.
- The candidate will be in charge of supervising pupils during lunch and recess.
- The candidate will be expected to assist students with their classroom and school environment integration.
- The candidate is anticipated to assist with classroom supply management.
- The candidate must accompany and supervise students during activities in school gymnasiums, laboratories, libraries, and resource centers, as well as on field excursions.
- The candidate must monitor student progress and report on it to the classroom instructor.
The candidate must assist the instructor in operating projectors, tape recorders, and other audio-visual and electronic equipment.
- The candidate should speak English fluently.
- The candidate must possess a certificate or diploma from a non-university program lasting between three months and one year.
- The optimal candidate will have at least three to five years of relevant experience.
- The candidate must possess both first aid and CPR certifications.
Work setting Of Educational assistant Jobs In Canada 2023
- The candidate will be expected to operate in a city.
Experience and specialization
Work experience with special needs students
- The candidate must have experience providing communication assistance to students with special needs.
Security and safety
- The candidate should be subjected to a comprehensive criminal background check and a check on the Child Abuse Registry.
- The applicant should possess their immunization records.
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- The candidate must be able to perform effectively in a fast-paced, hectic environment.
- The candidate must be capable of working under pressure.
Benefits Of Educational assistant Jobs In Canada 2023
- The selected candidate will receive health insurance and long-term benefits.
The selected candidate will receive a dental plan, a health care plan, paramedical services coverage, and vision care benefits under health benefits.
The selected candidate will receive a pension plan and a registered retirement savings plan (RRSP) under long-term benefits.
How to Apply For Educational assistant Jobs In Canada 2023
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a demand for education assistants in Canada?
The employment outlook for elementary and secondary school teacher assistants (NOC 4413) in Ontario will be average from 2022 to 2024.
How can I become an instructional aide in Canada?
A program of apprenticeship includes both on-the-job and classroom instruction. In general, it takes 2700 hours (approximately 1.5 years) to become competent as an educational assistant. This includes 2268 hours of on-the-job training and 432 hours of classroom instruction.