Crew Manager Jobs In Canada 2023 – Apply Here
Crew Manager Jobs In Canada 2023 Jealous Fruits is the most northern large-scale grower of cherries in North America. By the shores of Okanagan Lake in the famed Okanagan Valley of British Columbia, Canada, we cultivate exceptional cherries. All of our cherries are hand-packed at our state-of-the-art facility located on our farm and then transported to consumers across the world.
Details of Crew Manager Jobs In Canada 2023
- Position: Full-time
- Length of Contract: TBA – Anticipated March through October
- Date expected to commence: TBD
- Hourly Wage: Proportional to Experience
- Location: Kelowna, BC, Canada
Currently, we are seeking a Crew Manager to join our team. The Crew Manager will organize work teams, monitor progress, and assure quality compliance under the guidance of the Farm Manager. Our ideal applicant is someone who is collaborative, self-motivated, people-focused, and adaptable in order to foster a pleasant work environment.
Responsibilities and accountability
- Supervise subordinates (team leaders and farm laborers) to ensure the successful completion of assigned duties.
- Throughout harvest, instruct, organize, and coordinate staff to ensure that all guidelines and best practices for fruit harvesting are adhered to.
- Ensure that staff is trained and adheres to the company’s safe work rules.
- Work with the Farm Manager to guarantee the smooth completion of daily operations.
- When additional labor is needed, use farm equipment.
- Take measures to ensure the camp house is kept clean and all corporate laws are adhered to.
- Oversee the maintenance of all equipment and appliances on-site.
- Ensure that all personnel receive training on the job and adhere to corporate policies and food safety requirements.
- Throughout harvest, you will be required to update the Farm Manager on your progress, ensure the fruit is gathered on time, and that the quality of picking meets business requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities.
- Outstanding organizational, problem-solving, and project management abilities.
- Ability to operate independently and possess the technical and practical skills necessary to handle everyday farming demands.
- Be well-versed in health and safety requirements and committed to supporting safe agricultural practices.
- Capability to labor long hours, particularly in July and August during harvest season.
- A farming background and planning and production experience will be considered an asset.
- The ability to speak Spanish will be viewed as a benefit.
- Class 5 driver’s license.
Our work atmosphere is demanding, yet extremely rewarding over a short time span. Candidates should be aware that this is an agricultural setting and that vacation day may be limited during our harvest and packing season. Farm labor is exempt from overtime regulations.
Labor hours are not determined by the calendar, but rather by crop maturity and the weather.
Applicants must be willing to work regardless of the weather
How to Apply for Crew Manager Jobs In Canada 2023?
If you are interested in applying, apply through the given options.
What is the minimum compensation for a Canadian manager?
What is the salary of a Manager in Canada? The average Canadian manager’s pay is $70,001, or $35.90 per hour. Most experienced workers earn up to $108,396 per year, while entry-level occupations begin at $48,640 per year.
What is the average crew salary in Canada?
The average annual wage for service crew members in Canada is $33,150, or $17 per hour. Entry-level occupations begin at $27,300 per year, while the majority of experienced workers can earn as much as $44,667 per year.