Chicken Farm Supervisor Jobs In Canada 2023
Chicken Farm Supervisor Jobs In Canada 2023 is another career-boosting opportunity for ambitious people from developing countries with good organization, management, and interpersonal skills but no high-profile education record. Canada’s farms (livestock and crops) are not only productive but also aesthetically pleasing. Our current employer is situated in a picturesque rural area of Canada.
Read More: Order Picker Jobs in Canada 2023 – Apply Now
The fortunate would receive various job benefits in lieu of very formal and simple requirements, as you do not need to be highly educated or qualified. Similarly, no prior experience is required.
Poultry farming is widely regarded as the fastest-growing segment of the Canadian agricultural sector. Chickens are by far the most farmed animal in Canada, according to a BC SPSA report. The total number of chickens raised in Canada for meat is estimated to be 107.9 million. Chicken and turkey are two of the most commonly consumed and produced meats in Canada, according to Statista. In 2021, Canada will produce approximately 1.3 million metric tonnes of chicken. In 2021, Canada’s chicken imports will total approximately 151 thousand metric tonnes.
You can easily estimate the various types of job opportunities in the Canadian chicken farm market by looking at the statistics above. Continue reading to learn more about the open positions for Farm Supervisors and other Chicken farm workers in Canada 2023 for foreigners:
Details of Chicken Farm Supervisor Jobs In Canada 2023
- Job title: Greenhouse Farm Supervisor
- Job Industry: Agricultural Jobs
- Employment type: Permanent, Full-time
- Hiring Company: Port Hill Farm Inc
- Location: Tyne Valley, PE, Canada
- Free Food: No
- Free Accommodation: Yes
- Free Medical Insurance: No, but healthcare benefits are included
- Free Transportation: No
- Hours: 40 to 60 hours per week
- Expected Salary: $19.01-$28.52
Requirements of Chicken Farm Supervisor Jobs In Canada 2023
- The candidate should be able to read, write, and speak Basic English.
- There is no formal education required, but a college/CEGEP diploma is sufficient.
- The ideal candidate has at least 1 to 2 years of farm supervising experience.
- The candidate must be capable of supervising group farm activities involving 10-15 workers.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Capable of working in high-pressure, fast-paced situations.
- Because this job is physically demanding, you should be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Should be able to operate farm machinery and equipment.
- Capable of working long hours.
- Capable of working outside in wet, hot, noisy, and dusty conditions.
Responsibilities of Chicken Farm Supervisor Job
- Coordination, assignment, and supervision of all general farm worker activities.
- Supervising the workers in charge of feeding the chickens and their feeding routine.
- Examining the health of the flock and the overall condition of the birds. If necessary, contact a veterinarian or another animal sciences expert.
- Checking to see if poultry workers are properly handling and caring for farm chickens.
- Examining all egg-related responsibilities, such as whether workers are properly collecting, washing, and storing eggs. They must also supervise the hatching process.
- Getting rid of the dead flock.
- Inspecting enclosures, such as sheds, barns, and fences, to see if workers are cleaning and repairing them.
- In charge of the ventilation and water channels.
- Supervising the vaccination and medication of chickens.
- Managing all supply/dealing activities, such as selling eggs to wholesale or retail distributors and dressing carcasses to their respective buyers (chicken meat sellers).
- Maintain harvesting financial and production records, as well as quality control.
Benefits of Chicken Farm Supervisor Job
- For the right candidates, there are permanent job opportunities.
- On-site housing is provided at no cost.
- Healthcare benefits and plans, such as subsidized health insurance and workers’ compensation for illness and injury, are examples.
- Plan for retirement.
- Long-term benefits include profit-sharing and bonuses, deferred pay, and long-term disability insurance.
- On-site amenities include bike or bicycle storage, clean and well-ventilated restrooms, and so on.
Average Salary of a Chicken Farm Supervisor Jobs In Canada 2023
The average salary of a crop farm laborer is determined by a variety of factors, including the worker’s skills, experience, location (particularly in Canada, where wages vary by province), and so on. According to Ca.talent, the average farm supervisor (entry-level) earns $20.28 per hour in Canada.
How to apply for Chicken Farm Supervisor Jobs In Canada 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Average Salary of a Chicken Farm Supervisor Jobs In Canada 2023
According to Ca.talent, the average farm supervisor (entry-level) earns $20.28 per hour in Canada.
What are the Benefits of the Chicken Farm Supervisor Job
For the right candidates, there are permanent job opportunities.
On-site housing is provided at no cost.
Healthcare benefits and plans, such as subsidized health insurance and workers’ compensation for illness and injury, are examples.
Plan for retirement.
Long-term benefits include profit-sharing and bonuses, deferred pay, and long-term disability insurance.
On-site amenities include bike or bicycle storage, clean and well-ventilated restrooms, and so on.