Canadian Government Electrical Engineer Jobs 2023: Professionals in this industry are accountable for the design, development, testing, and quality assurance of electrical products. Between 2019 and 2028, there will be 13,300 job openings for electronic engineers in Canada. Employment opportunities for electrical and electronics engineers are abundant in Canada, particularly in Ontario and Quebec, where the industry is highly concentrated.
If you are interested in immigrating to Canada as a professional Electrician, you should begin immediately due to the increased need for trained Electricians across the nation. The demand for this occupation is anticipated to increase steadily over the next years.
Typical Duties of a Canadian Electrical Engineer
Technologists in the field of electrical and electronics engineering may be assigned the following tasks:
- Design and test software, industrial process control systems, telecommunications, broadcasting, recording, audiovisual systems, microelectronic systems and circuits, and power systems.
- Supervise the development and testing of prototypes in accordance with general guidelines and recognized standards.
- Perform or supervise the installation and testing of electrical and electronic systems and devices (except aviation electronics and instruments).
- Do practical research in physics and electrical and electronic engineering under the supervision of scientists and engineers.
- In order to diagnose, test, and evaluate the functionality of electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems, you must:
- Install and operate conventional and specialized test equipment
- Technicians in electrical and electronic engineering may be expected to carry out the following duties, among others:
To facilitate the development and evaluation of electrical and electronic devices, systems, and components.
- You will assist in inspecting, testing, adjusting, and evaluating electrical, electromechanical, and electronic components and assemblies as they arrive to ensure compliance with product requirements and tolerances.
- Services for the installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical and electronic devices and systems Using written instructions and user guides, electrical and electronic equipment is calibrated.
- Assembly life test (burn-in) data collection and analysis Constructing and testing a prototype in accordance with its design specifications Assisting research in electrical and electronic engineering and physics through a limited scope of technical responsibilities
Qualifications for Employment
- The branch of engineering concerned with electricity and electronics Technicians must have an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering technology, computer engineering technology, or telecommunications technology.
- Technicians in electrical and electronic engineering must earn a two-year degree in electrical or electronic engineering technology.
- Some positions may require certification in electrical or electronics engineering technology, which can be gained through provincial engineering/applied science technologists and technicians associations.
- To use the title “Professional Technologist” in Quebec, one must be a member of the professional technologists’ governing body and have at least two years of supervised work experience.
Range of Electrical Engineer Salaries in Canada
Nationwide average salaries for electrical engineers are $74,810 per year. Variables such as a candidate’s experience level, the organization they work for, and their geographic location might affect salary ranges. The experience, area of competence, and number and degree of academic credentials of candidates may also influence salary fields. Check the Job Bank to find out where the finest opportunities are for electrical engineers in Canada.
Apply For Jobs
After getting a Professional Engineer qualification, it is possible to seek a full-time job as an electrical engineer. Internet job boards and your professional network are excellent resources for finding employment. You might also prepare for interviews by reading about common questions asked by engineering firms. Practicing your responses may provide insight into the qualities you intend to emphasize and enhance your confidence.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a demand for electrical engineers in Canada?
The job forecast for electrical and electronics engineers (NOC 2133) in Ontario will be favorable from 2022 to 2024. The subsequent variables contributed to this prognosis: The expansion of employment will result in the creation of several new posts. Due to retirements, a moderate number of posts will become available.
Which Canadian province offers the most employment prospects for electrical engineers?
Electrical engineering is one of the most in-demand engineering professions in Canada, with thousands of job openings. Electrical engineers design, develop, test, and maintain systems used to generate and distribute electricity.