1-Year Saudi Arabia Visas 2023 – All You Need to Know
1-Year Saudi Arabia Visas 2023: As the location of Islam’s two holiest cities, Makkah and Madinah, Saudi Arabia has become a popular travel destination for all categories of tourists. The government has introduced a variety of visas and permits, including visit visas and year-long permits, to accommodate the diverse requirements of visitors, allowing them to fully immerse themselves in the country’s culture and natural beauty. There are various visa options available to suit your requirements and length of stay, regardless of whether you are visiting for tourism, work, or education.
Saudi Arabia 1-year visas
Whether you intend to work or study in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, there are a variety of visa options depending on the purpose and duration of your visit. The following visas are effective for one year for the convenience of foreigners seeking entry into Saudi Arabia.
Saudi work visa
Foreign nationals who wish to work in Saudi Arabia are required to possess a valid work visa. Employers are responsible for securing work visas for their employees. The sponsor may be a Saudi corporation, an individual, or a foreign organization that possesses the required licenses to conduct business in Saudi Arabia.
Typically, the Saudi work visa is valid for one year from the date of issuance, and it allows foreign nationals to labor in the country for up to six months without applying for a residence permit.
Requirements for a Saudi work visa
To obtain a visa, employees seeking employment in Saudi Arabia must have a sponsor. Although the employer is responsible for the majority of the application procedure, the applicant must provide the following documents:
- a valid passport for the duration of employment, a passport-sized photograph in color, and a visa application form.
- three signed copies of the medical report
- a letter of employment from the sponsoring company in Saudi Arabia, which must be certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Saudi Chamber of Commerce; a copy of the employment contract that has been signed; and a certified copy of the applicant’s university diploma, which must be validated by the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission.
- a police report
Check Also: Student Visa Requirements for Canada 2023
Saudi tourist visa (e-visa)
The Saudi tourist visa, also known as the Saudi e-visa, is an entry authorization document that allows non-essential and non-religious travel to Saudi Arabia. It is effective for one year and permits multiple entries, with a 90-day maximum per visit. The Saudi visitor visa permits a variety of tourism-related activities but not study or Hajj season participation. In addition, Umrah pilgrims are able to perform the ritual with a tourist visa.
Requirements for a Saudi tourist visa (e-visa)
- All applicants for a Saudi Arabia visa must possess a passport that is valid for at least six months after the date of entry. Typically, the issuance of an e-visa takes between 5 and 30 minutes. Before boarding flights to Saudi Arabia, airlines conduct pre-checks to ensure that passengers meet the visa eligibility requirements.
Saudi business visa
You will need a Saudi business visa if you are traveling to Saudi Arabia for business purposes, such as attending meetings, conferences, or other events. The business visa may be issued as a single-entry or multiple-entry visa, with varying validity periods and lengths of stay depending on the form of visa.
The maximum validity period for a single-entry business visa is three months, and the maximum length of stay is thirty days. A multiple-entry business visa, on the other hand, allows for longer periods and can be issued for six months, one year, two years, or five years. With a visa with multiple entries, the maximum stay per voyage is 90 days.
Requirements for Saudi business visa
- Original passport valid for a minimum of six (6) months with a minimum of two (2) consecutive blank visa pages It must be a chip-enabled passport, also known as a biometric letter of invitation. It must be issued by the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs and addressed to the Saudi consulate where you intend to register via a letter from your employer verifying your employment and upcoming trip.
- Two recent color photographs printed on high-quality photo paper against a white background; a copy of a Saudi ID card or copy of Iqama for expatriates; copies of degrees or certificates; and a curriculum vitae (CV), also known as a resume.
Saudi personal visit visa
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia issues the Saudi personal visit visa to allow foreigners to enter the nation upon invitation from Saudi friends or acquaintances. The Saudi visa for personal visits will be valid for 90 or 365 days from the date of issue, with a maximum stay of 90 days for single or multiple entries.
With a personal visit visa to Saudi Arabia, holders may:
- freely visit the country, travel throughout the Kingdom, and visit religious sites, including the Prophet’s Mosque in Madinah.
- Muslims who execute Umrah and attend cultural events
Saudi student visa
Foreign students who want to study in Saudi Arabia are required to have a student visa. A visa is a stamp placed on your passport by immigration authorities that allows you to enter, reside, and study in the country for a specified period.
To petition for a student visa, you must first verify enrollment in a Saudi Arabian school or university that is recognized. After obtaining an acceptance letter from the institution, you may register for a student visa at the Saudi Arabian embassy or consulate in your home country.
Requirements for Saudi student visa
International scholars need a student visa to study in the United Kingdom. Saudi visa requirements for students include the following:
- a passport valid for at least six months with at least two consecutive blank visa pages.
- A visa referral memo containing the visa’s number and expiration date must be issued by the Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Dammam or Jeddah.
- a copy of the authentic birth certificate, high school diploma, or other academic credentials of the applicant
- a police report issued within six (6) months of the application date, and detailing the applicant’s criminal history, if applicable.
- Three passport-sized color photographs with a clean background are required.
- three copies of the medical report and all lab results. A licensed physician must issue a medical report attesting that the applicant is free of communicable diseases. All copies of the medical report must be signed by the physician and include their license number and address.
- Medical reports cannot be older than three months from their date of issuance. Applicants under the age of 16 are not required to submit a medical report.
You may be required to have health insurance to enter Saudi Arabia. Ensure that the insurance you select satisfies all visa requirements and provides sufficient coverage for the duration of your stay in Saudi Arabia.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much is a one-year Saudi visa with multiple entries?
A single-entry Saudi business visa costs approximately SAR 807 (USD 215), while a multiple-entry visa costs approximately SAR 1107 (USD 295).
How can I get a 1-year Saudi visa?
completed application form.
valid passport for at least six months.
Health insurance must be purchased from the Saudi Arabian government.
Accommodation documentation (hotel, residence, etc.)
Visa costs (SAR 300) and insurance premiums (SAR 140)
Unless a parent or legal guardian is present, applicants must be at least 18 years old.